You guys, summer is HERE! Aren’t you excited?? I know I am! But you know what I’m not excited about? The thought of cooking in the summer heat… no thanks!
I’m assuming you feel the same way and that’s why I wanna share this easy, no-cooking-required, healthy recipe with you today!
Not only is it quick & convenient it is FULL of amazing nutrition. With tons of protein, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, AND probiotics, what’s not to love??
Now let’s get on with the recipe so you can put this in your face ASAP.
Wild Salmon Salad
- 6 oz canned wild-caught salmon, drained
- ¼ cup raw fermented sauerkraut (Farmhouse Culture, Wildbrine, or Trader Joe’s are all great brands)
- 2-3 Tbsp mayonnaise (Primal Kitchen Mayo* is hands down the best mayo out there!)
- 2 tsp organic mustard
- Salt/pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, mix everything together.
- THAT’S IT.
You can serve this salmon salad in a variety of ways. I paired mine with a few handfuls of greens and some cherry tomatoes, but here are some other serving suggestions:
- In romaine hearts, as lettuce wraps
- With raw veggies (carrots, celery, cucumber, jicama, etc.)
- In a halved bell pepper
- With green apple slices
- With plaintain chips
- If you can’t get your hands on a healthy mayo, sub it out for avocado instead!
- Tuna and/or sardines would also work well in this recipe if you are allergic to salmon.
- Try kimchi instead of sauerkraut for a kick of heat!
Switch it up however you like, just put it on your summer menu and enjoy not cooking!
Happy Summer, friends!
Affiliate Disclosure: I may be compensated in exchange for your clicking on links posted on this website. I will only EVER promote products I love, trust, and use myself!