Frittatas happen to be one of my favorite ways to do eggs. They’re easy, they make a lot of food all at once, and you can play with the ingredients to make zillions of different flavor combos. They’re great for a nutrition-packed breakfast, lunch, OR dinner, and the leftovers (if there are any) make awesome grab-n-go snacks!
This frittata recipe is super simple. Oftentimes, I don’t have time to even think about pre-heating the oven, so I needed a way to make my beloved frittatas on the stove-top with zero planning involved.
Frittatas are a great all-in-one way to get some protein, veggies, and healthy fats – I love when a balanced meal only requires one dish! This can be thrown together, cooked, and served all in a matter of about 15 minutes; or make it ahead of time, slice, & store in the fridge for an on-the-go option.
Simple Stove-top Bacon & Greens Frittata
- 4 pieces of good quality bacon, chopped
- 3 cups greens, chopped (spinach, kale, arugula, chard… use any leafy greens you like!)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Sliced green onions, for garnish (optional)
- Whisk together the eggs, oregano, garlic powder, salt & pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook chopped bacon in skillet over medium heat, until almost cooked through. (I LOVE cast iron skillets for frittatas, this is the one I have!)
- Add greens to the skillet and stir with bacon, allowing the bacon grease to evenly coat and wilt the greens, about a minute or two. (If there isn’t enough bacon grease, you can add a little coconut oil, ghee, or grass-fed butter.)
- Reduce heat to low-medium, spread bacon & greens evenly around the skillet, then pour in the egg mixture, allowing it to spread evenly.
- Cover skillet tightly with lid until eggs are cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer frittata to a large plate and slice (2-3 wedges per serving).
- Top with green onions, serve, and enjoy!
Switch it up:
Use any combo of veggies/meat you like! Just saute ingredients in your choice of cooking fat until about halfway cooked through, add egg mixture, cover, cook, slice & serve.
Affiliate Disclosure: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I will only EVER link to products I love and trust to be aligned with the philosophy of my blog.