Pancakes make me happy.
Especially when they are easy.
And when I say these are easy, I mean they are SO. EASY.
They can be made in under 10 minutes and use only a few ingredients - probably ones you have in your kitchen right now!
They use no flour, which means they are gluten-free, grain-free, and nut-free.
And they are DELICIOUS.
Go ahead, make them and see for yourself!
The Easiest Banana Pancakes
(makes 6-7 small pancakes)
- 1 banana (not too ripe)
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil
- Lightly grease your skillet with coconut oil and heat at medium to medium-low heat. (Griddles are great too, if you have one – I don’t. But I wish I did.)
- While skillet is heating, place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- Pour or scoop batter onto the skillet, making pancakes about 2 ½ to 3 inches in diameter.
- Let pancakes brown about 2 minutes on each side.
- Stack, add your choice of toppings, and enjoy!
*Optional* (but recommended for maximum awesomeness): Smear a little Kerrygold butter on each pancake and top with extra banana slices, crumbled bacon, and a drizzle of organic maple syrup. Holy moly. SO GOOD.
Switch It Up:
- Add chocolate chips or fresh blueberries!
- Put a fried egg and bacon between two pancakes for a breakfast sandwich!
- On a sugar detox? Omit the vanilla extract and extra banana slices, and top with your favorite nut butter or coconut butter instead of syrup!